Superstar

Princess Charlene of Monaco returns home with Prince Albert and their two children after medical saga

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Princess Charlene of Monaco has officially returned home.

A statement released by the palace to Fox News Digital on Monday revealed that the 44-year-old was reunited with her husband, Prince Albert of Monaco, and their two children, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella.

“Following the encouraging recovery of Princess Charlene and the approval of her doctors, Their Serene Highnesses are delighted to announce that the Princess will now continue her recovery in the Principality, with her husband and children by her side”, says the press release.

“Therefore, Princess Charlene has already returned to Monaco where she has happily reunited with her family and loved ones. The coming weeks should allow Princess Charlene to further strengthen her health before gradually resuming her official duties and commitments.”

PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO IS A ‘WARM AND WELCOMING’ ROYAL WHOSE FOCUS IS ON CHARITY, NOT TABLOID REVIEW: PAL

Princess Charlene is back in Monaco.
(Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

“As soon as her health is strong enough, the Princess looks forward to spending time and socializing with Monegasques again,” the message continues, “so that Princess Charlene can make a full recovery and because she still needs peace and comfort. calm. The Royal Couple therefore ask that their privacy and family environment continue to be respected.”

The statement noted that the couple were “pleased” to share the news. The announcement was also revealed on Albert’s 64th birthday.

Charlene’s return to Monaco is the latest update in her ongoing medical saga. Last May, the princess fell ill during what was supposed to be a 10-day visit to her home country of South Africa. Instead, complications from a previous ENT procedure grounded Charlene for six months.

After several corrective surgeries and a subsequent relapse, Charlene returned to Monaco in November. But soon after arriving, the princess felt signs of emotional and physical exhaustion. After consulting with her doctors and family, Charlene decided to seek treatment. It was eventually determined that Charlene would seek treatment at a facility outside of Monaco. Reports have speculated that the establishment was in Switzerland.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco share twins, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco share twins, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella.
(Photo by SC Pool – Corbis/Getty Images)

Throughout her health journey, Charlene has stayed in close contact with her family through daily phone and video calls, People magazine reported. The outlet noted that at least one family visit has took place during the holidays and that Albert visited his wife privately on several occasions. since.

In September, Albert criticized rumors spread by the tabloids that the marriage had been in trouble.

“She didn’t leave Monaco angry!” he told People at the time. “She didn’t leave because she was mad at me or anyone else. She was traveling to South Africa to reassess her foundation’s work there and to take some time off with his brother and some friends.”

“It was only supposed to be a one week stay, 10 days maximum, and [she is still there now] because she had this infection [and] all these medical complications arose,” Albert said at the time. “She didn’t go into exile. It was absolutely just a medical issue that needed to be addressed.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Prince Albert of Monaco has dismissed rumors that his marriage is in trouble.

Prince Albert of Monaco has dismissed rumors that his marriage is in trouble.
(Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Albert admitted to the outlet that he “probably should have addressed” the gossip sooner.

“But I was focused on taking care of the kids,” he said. “And I thought it would probably be okay [away]You know, if you try to respond to everything that comes out, you’re constantly [responding]you’re wasting your time… Of course it affects him, of course it affects me. The misinterpretation of events is always detrimental… We are an easy target, easily hit, because we are in the public eye a lot.”

The famous athlete married the prince on July 1, 2011. The wedding was a spectacle, costing around $70 million for the four-day event. They welcomed twins in 2014.

Their planned public birthday celebration was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

About the author

Funviralpark

Leave a Comment