Kerkhove has announced that WHO is examining real-world data and tracking people’s severity signals.
India’s Covid-19 Status, Top 10 Latest Covid Updates, Latest Coronavirus News: Although the number of daily Covid infections is declining in most countries, the World Health Organization has released several sub-strains of Covid variants Omicron, including BA.1, BA.1.1, BA.2, and BA.3. Still aggressive in that part to track. “I would like to reiterate that Omicron is a variant of concern and is tracking Omicron in several sublineages. The most prominent ones detected worldwide are BA.1, BA.1.1, BA. It’s .2. There’s BA.3 and so on. The same goes for sublineage. “
Kerkhove has announced that WHO is examining actual data and tracking people’s severity signals. She said WHO showed no difference in severity between BA.1 and BA.2. Therefore, the severity is similar to BA2. She said it was related to the risk of hospitalization, and she added that this is really important as both BA.1 and BA.2 are circulating in significant amounts in many countries.
Here are the top 10 Covid-19 related updates over the last 24 hours:
1. The official global death toll from coronavirus is on the verge of over 6 million. This milestone is a pandemic: Johns Hopkins University’s death toll on Sunday afternoon, as Covid’s curb can be seen cross-country mitigation and people unmasking and resuming their journey. AP reported that there were 5,997,994 people at that time.
2. Due to the high mortality rates in Poland, Hungary, Romania and other Eastern European countries, one million from Ukraine, a country with low vaccination rates and high cases and mortality rates, devastated by the war. More than one refugee has arrived. Per AP. The United States is also approaching one million reported deaths on its own, despite the availability of vaccines.
3. According to official data shared by the Union Ministry of Health on Monday, India recorded 4,362 new Covid infections, bringing the total number of Covid-19 cases to 42.97 million. In addition, India’s Covid-19 deaths plummeted to 66. Covid-19 people have died in the last 24 hours.
4. According to official data, the number of active Covid cases in the country decreased to 54,118, accounting for 0.13% of the total number of infections, but the national recovery rate further improved to 98.68%.
5. So far, the amount of vaccinations carried out on the Covid-19 Vaccination Drive nationwide has exceeded 178.90 chlores. A total of 6,12,926 tests were performed on Sunday, bringing the total number of tests performed so far to 77,34,37,172.
6. A decrease of 5,324 cases was recorded in the number of active Covid cases in the last 24 hours. The number of people who have recovered from the disease has increased to 4,23,98,095 and the case fatality rate has been recorded at 1.20 per person. Cent.
7. A panel of experts from the Central Pharmaceutical Authority of India has recommended permission to conduct Phase 3 clinical trials of the Covovax vaccine as booster immunity for adults, sources said. As an adult on December 28th. However, it is not yet included in the national vaccination program.
8. Thane added 23 new cases of coronavirus and increased the total number of Covids in the Maharashtra area to 7,08,479, officials reported on Monday. The mortality rate of 19 people in Tane was 1.67%. Meanwhile, seven Covid-19 patients are being treated in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. ..
9. At the international level, Hong Kong reported 31,008 new Covid-19 cases and 153 deaths on Sunday, Reuters reported. The city secretary said residents should not be worried about the mass inspection plan. 7.4 million inhabitants are already infected.
10. Belgium lifts almost all Covid restrictions from today, eliminating the need to wear masks almost everywhere and presenting a COVID-19 pass at indoor venues from cafes to sports halls, according to Reuters Prime Eliminate the need. Minister Alexander de Crew said it has been almost exactly two years since the pandemic first struck the country where NATO and EU institutions were based.